There’s no doubt about it. Preventing mice from entering your home is much easier than evicting them once they’ve moved in. If you take just a few simple precautions, you can avoid the
Keeping Mice Out of your Home
Dated: June 10 2021
There’s no doubt about it. Preventing mice from entering your home is much easier than evicting them once they’ve moved in. If you take just a few simple precautions, you can avoid the trip to the store to buy traps or the call to the exterminator. Here’s what the experts recommend:
Install mouse-mesh in the drainage slots of exterior brick or siding. There are many types available on the market. (Note: make sure you don’t block water drainage!)
• Trim back tree branches that are within two feet of the siding or roof. Mice can jump horizontally as far as 15 inches.
• Make sure weather-stripping on doors and windows seal tightly. Mice can easily squeeze through weak spots and gaps, especially where stripping meets at a corner.
• Don’t leave open packages of any type of food — birdseed, apples, etc. — in the garage. That’s like telling the mice, “The buffet’s open!”
• Inspect the outside of your home and look for evidence of mice near walls, doors and windows. Look for mice droppings, which look like black rice.
• If you see a mouse outside your home, don’t shoo it away. Instead, watch where it goes. The mouse might show you how it’s getting in.
Taking these precautions will significantly reduce the chances of mice becoming unwanted guests in your home.
Many years in the Material and Manufacturing Management discipline with several Fortune 500 firms. Experienced Computer Programmer/Analyst. 29 years as a Real Estate Sales Representative....
Latest Blog Posts
Is there a neighbourhood you drive through occasionally and think, “Wow. I’d love to live here. What a fantastic area”? Why don’t you take that thought any further? Maybe you
Members of the Ottawa Real Estate Board sold 2,402 residential properties in April through the Board’s Multiple Listing Service® System, compared with 911 in April 2020, an increase of 164
Where do buyers form the most lasting impression of a home for sale that they visit? On the main floor!When buyers view a property, they often spend a lot of time on the main floor, thinking and